Tuesday 12 July 2016

Skomer - Puffins galore

I wasn't planning on doing much birding during this trip to Pembrokeshire but old habits die hard and with a trip to Skomer planned with my daughter Kate and Will, I took the 100-400mm 'travelling light' kit with me.

Whilst there are plenty of other birds about, it's hard to ignore the Puffins and despite dull conditions and a yearning for my normal gear, here's a few images from the day.....


Puffins puffins everywhere.....


And always wary with large gulls about  just waiting for the opportunity....




Out you come!


Posing nicely!


And classic moments with bill full of fish!








Not the easiest of localities for flight shots - looking down the cliffs.....




But one or two dropping in fairly close!




There's more to Skomer than just Puffins of course, coming next.....