Sunday 24 April 2022

Long Mynd - Dotterel

A great find by Mike Stokes, a male Dotterel on the 'Mynd a little earlier than the traditional 1st May! And everything conspired for me almost not to see it! 

First off off was getting stuck in the 'Bike for Life' argie bargie and the traffic was completely jammed near the Park & Ride for at least 20 mins... The I arrived only for Mike and Damo (who were driving off) to tell me it had been pushed out of view :-( 

Cue a team up with Dave Chapman and Rob Dowley and after 30 mins or so of searching, we were on it :-)


It spent quite a bit of time hunkered down, nervous with a Red Kite quartering the general area...


But eventually it was best foot forward!


Plus an over the shoulder pose or two...


I'm still aching after stretching out to get a low perspective capture!


Still ever alert!


And perhaps my favourite image was this feather ruffle!


Not the most pristine of Dots (where's a female when you need one!)  but better than nowt!