Thursday 17 May 2012

Franklin - Garden means Birds

My new hosts Maryanne and John Gryboski lived just outside Franklin in a delightful location. With feeders close to where we were sat on the porch decking, beer in hand, it was only a matter of time before I asked.? Do you mind if I........

The camera was soon in action capturing the local garden birds and after the distant woodland views, the bird I was most anxious to capture was Rose-breasted Grosbeak!

The male is an absolute stunner (as you can see!)


Very confiding to with the feeders 10m or so away :-)



The launch pad...

Nothing out of the ordinary but a few other garden subjects turned up.

Like this male American Goldfinch



Blue Jay keeping an eye on proceedings and only occasionally coming to the feeders!


A pair of Eastern Bluebird were resident and here's the male



White-breasted Nuthatch.....


And Tufted Titmouse - so cute!





Red-bellied Woodpecker were also in and out, displaying their acrobatic poise!




Lovely birds, awesome Supper, I think I'm going to like it here!