Monday 2 January 2012

The morning after......

A Bank Holiday morning with three hours to spare and I spent them catching up with three of New Year's Day's missing species.

Firstly the Tundra Bean Goose which was just making landfall on the back of the island and frustratingly out of view by the time the camera was out of the bag! I don't think I'll be spending any more time on this annoying so and so!

The Corn Buntings of course had returned to their territory, booted the Greenfinch out and were giving me a sort of knowing smirk as if to say 'shame about yesterday' :-) First record shot of the year I do believe!




I spent an hour cruising for Grey Partridge - blanked of course but on the drive home (near Haughmond) what should pop out and fly in front of me, more taunting - a Jay - you only ever see them when you don't need them!