Saturday 17 April 2010

Venus Pool - One flew over....

The cuckoo that is! Sort of blogging in reverse (this is the middle) as I was on my way back from Longnor late in the afternoon (the Dippers were there but playing hard to get!)

As I was nearing Cound Stank, a Cuckoo flew over the brook and me! I quickly turned round and after a couple of cruises up and down, eventually spotted a giant Swallow on the electricity wires! Problem was the hedges were high and I knew the moment I got near / out of the car, he'd be gone!

An initial shot 'through the hedge' amazed this is so clear!






Then through a nearby gap in the hedge - he was so aware of me by now - and did what I expewcted him to do in the first place.....








A very nice surprise and one less trip to the Netherworld of Mordor?

The middle done, the day started with a Green Sandpiper and Barnacle Goose(whatever!)








And ended with a drake Common Teal lit up very nicely in the low evening light....