Friday 26 July 2019

Gower - Chough!

During a cliff-top walk, I spotted a group of five Chough at the cliff edge :-) Sensing what the result would be if I approached them, I took a wide detour around them and sat on the slope of a mound in between me and the birds. It worked (well for one of them!) as it hopped up from the other side...


I thought it would fly off immediately but no, it wandered over the brow towards me!


After a bit of a stare...



It simply started feeding!




Picking up quite tine tasty morsels...



And my now, a mere 10m away!


I was only carrying my 100-400 lens and most of the shots were frame fillers!





But not quite enough to crop this small shrimp like invertebrate much closer!


Down the hatch...


I've had one or two encounters with Chough in the past but nothing to match this. Awesome bird in  fantastic light. One of my luckier moments indeed...