Wednesday 22 May 2019

Lossie Estuary - Osprey AN3 once more

Ended up at Lossiemouth again (I just love the place) unpredictable but the Ospreys and waders rarely disappoint? First off is a repeat showing from Osprey 'AN3'... Despite a bit of blue sky initially, I always seemed to have white sky as a backdrop!



But at least the wind was in the right direction, allowing a hovering bird to orientate head on!






Unable to locate fish, it was try and try again until moving over the dunes or lower down the estuary?


If you're wondering why I do this, the shot taken today at distance below is what I'm after (but much closer). I want it the hard way too, whilst enjoy watching all the activity that goes on here... and not spending megabucks at a staged hide... It's not much to ask for, if I live long enough?


One more session here to come? At least it's normally dry?!