Saturday 29 April 2023

Venus Pool - Avocets

After the long awaited County Stilt tick, I relaxed a bit too much and had accidently put my phone on silent... Big mistake and news of a pair of Avocets frolicking their way around Venus Pool had gone undetected... worse still they had flown off :-(

I had to get some fuel so chanced a late check at the pool en-route just in case I was due another dollop of luck? When told by folk going home, "still no sign", I nearly drove back out of the car park! Just as well I didn't do that as the hide window was duly opened and moments later, there they were...




They seemed to be full of energy, feeding then dashing all over the place!






Sometimes going their own separate ways


Tome for some nice poses?




Then off to catch up with their partner and dash around some more!