Friday, 23 November 2012

Chelmarsh - Great Northern Diver!!

I might have dashed from Shropshire to Lincs. for an Oriental Pratincole on one occasion but having stopped in Lincs. overnight after a plant talk, the lure of Shropshire was simply too great :-) I never thought I'd see the day I'd be dashing the opposite way!.

Especially when Martyn Owen contacted me having just found a Great North Diver and Black-necked Grebe at Chelmarsh!

Clearly a juvenile with the scaly upperparts... Apologies for the quality, the diver was always backlit but I'll settle for these :-)



Always nice to see a Diver swimming in the right direction - towards you!


The closest encounter.


Before swimming off and eventually lost to view. 'Bump' on fore-head showing particularly well!


There was also a Black-necked Grebe which was literally too far away! I mustn't forget to sort those Wrexham Waxies pics either :-)

2 comments:

  1. Amazing (and somewhat gripping photos) again Jim. Was going up for the Diver today, but recieved news that the bird had already gone.
    Shame really, because there stonking birds!
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice finally catching up with you on Friday Jim.

    It was smart looking bird although I've got to say poor light conditions or not your photos have come out far better than mine did!

    ReplyDelete