Thursday 16 June 2011

Norfolk day 3 - Swallows and Cetti's

Today was a transition back to birding and as I walked down to the River Ant to be greeted by the departure of a male Marsh Harrier! No Swallowtail surprise for me today but at least I managed to find another resting male Norfolk Hawker!






Is it any wonder those green eyes stand out in flight!






A few other blue Damselflies including this Variable Damselfly






Other butterfly species included large Skipper and Ringlet.....








At least a couple of Cetti’s Warblers were calling nearby and one particular bird was occasionally showing well whilst feeding, close to the path.....








Before setting off for the North Norfolk area, I checked out the same garden as yesterday where I was in for a Swallowtail feast! I don't want to overdo them so here's the best two images and another perfect specimen!









With rain starting to fall, I headed off for West Runton and in between showers checked out the clifftop and field edges but no sign of the previous day’s Bluethroat or Roller. After checking into my B&B, I drove to Morston in the aftermath of a torrential downpour






The walk out at Morston nearly resulted in wet feet!

Plenty of Common, Arctic plus a few Little Terns to end the day with another squall approaching!







A final tranquil scene.....






I'm overdue a visit to Horsey right now!