Friday 20 March 2009

Exminster Marshes - Showy Cetti's

A Friday morning in Devon before heading home saw me pick Exminster Marshes as the venue of choice for a Spoonbill (I'd seen everything else!!) As luck (wouldn't) have it, the bird was almost as far away as it could get! I decided to give it an hour or so, to see if it would fly closer?






It didn't!! The only flying it did was even further away. But...... every cloud has a silver lining! I could hear Cetti's Warbler calling from time to time, not far along the access track and couldn't believe my luck......

One popped up in the nearby brambles - checking out the nearby explosive songster?? It was an opportunity not to be missed! The downside was the fact it was too close and always behind an obstruction or two!!

I really shouldn't grumble, how often have you seen views of Cettis like this......



















I'd decided that whatever happened, my main afternoon aim was Cardiff Bay and the Bonaparte's Gull? M5/M4 here I come ..........