Friday 14 September 2018

RSPB Frampton Marsh - Little Stint

It's talk season and my latest venue was at Lincoln RSPB group. A great Thursday evening reliving some 'Memorable Birding Moments' followed up with overnight hospitality from Mike and Angela Catchpole (many thanks both!!) I made the correct decision to give Gibraltar Point a miss with the Red-footed Falcon doing another disappearing act and had a great four hours walking around RSPB Frampton Marsh! Waders by the 1,000, didn't manage to find the Long-billed Dowitcher but was treated to excellent close up views of this smart Little Stint...


They might all look the 'same' but I can't decide which ones to leave out as it walked about in front of me!






Feeding on tiny insects and invertebrates...








Been a long time since I've had one of these so close! You can't have too much of a good thing!




And what are the chances of one landing in Shropshire??