Saturday, 22 January 2011

Trench Pool - Glaucous Gull

I’d resigned myself to the Glaucous Gull doing a flyer but after an hour word reached me thatit remained settled. So, with no sign of Crossbills on Bury Ditches, I decided it had to be the dash to Telford! At least the journey had turned up Peregrine and Red Kite near Aston on Clun!

I was waiting for the commiseratory ‘it’s flown’ text which never came and less than an hour later, I was watching a pretty docile 1st Winter Glaucous Gull. No problem with motion blur with this subject – it hardly ever moved!






A couple of head turns.....








The alert pose.






A bit of a stretch of those lovely ‘white wings’ and you could see what was going to come next.....






Up up and away!








Lets hope it stays around for some better light!

No comments:

Post a Comment