Saturday 16 April 2011

Venus Pool - Another Brent!!

The morning started at Venus Pool and sat with Rob Stokes and Paul Burgess in the Memorial hide, I couldn't quite believe my eyes as I picked up.... a Dark bellied Brent Goose out on the mud in the middle of the pool!






I've waited years to get a Shropshire Brent and Venus Pool turns up yet another one for the year!! It eventually moved into the water and had a good wash.......






Before eventually swimming over for a closer look!






Landfall....






Always seeming to include vegetation in the way but occasionally finding the gaps!








I could see it was working it's way towards the main hide so nipped over there, just at the moment it flew onto the mud in front of the hide.....








The last pose before disappearing around the corner out of view....






A final fly around.....







And that's your lot!