Friday 17 October 2008

Holkham Hobby - another encounter

Well, it would have been rude to have stood up my new friend! I had wondered if events of the previous day had been a fluke? Evidently not - and this time I had the shorter 300mm lens with me! Flight shots were still a tricky propostion with underexposure and motion blur the prime culprits for the many 'binned' shots. There were some I was pleased with though.....












Perhaps the most satisfying sequence was the demise of a Migrant Hawker (one of many falling prey). If you want to see the full sequence, book me for a talk......











A portrait and close up to round off of my most memorable close encounters.....








There were other birds about of course - these two male Crossbills dropped in on one of the neighbouring pines!






I'll leave you with perhaps my favourite pose? The angles, feather detail, pose and catchlight - it all comes together occasionally!!